A Cosmetic Dentist in Phoenix That’ll Transform Your Smile
A beautiful smile has been linked to higher self-esteem and a more successful life in numerous studies. Your leading cosmetic dentist Phoenix is equipped with the skills, training, and tools to give you the perfect smile quickly and comfortably. Phoenix cosmetic dentistry offers many options, but what’s right for you? Your Sky Dental professional can help you choose the best solutions for your smile and oral health.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?The line between cosmetic and general dentistry is really quite thin. It is usually defined by insurance companies that say general care is necessary for immediate oral health. Cosmetic is everything else. As dental professionals, we think that’s too strictly defined. That’s because many of the tools of cosmetic dentistry, as explained here, do much more than beautify your smile. These smile makeovers include treatments that are better for your oral health.
What Does a Cosmetic Dentist Actually Do?Cosmetic dentists must be able to perform a number of advanced dentistry services with accuracy and skill. These include implants to replace a tooth, veneers to cover a tooth, bonding to strengthen or cover damage, and more. You can ask your Sky Dental dentist to explain more about the benefits of available procedures. Here’s a sampling of what happens in our five Arizona office locations regularly.
1. In-Office Whitening TreatmentsProfessional whitening treatments are an example of pure cosmetic dentistry. A person can expect powerful and offer instant results. This is help you can’t get from over-the-counter home teeth whitening kits. In the hands of our teeth whitening professionals, our products are so fast that they’re often called “lunch break procedures.” We recommend a good teeth cleaning first, if you haven’t had your six-month dentistry office visit. Then you are in a big hurry, why not get a home whitening kit recommended by us at Sky Dental.
2. Dental Bonding for a Better SmileDental bonding is actually a big part of restorative dentistry. However, it isn’t always counted that way by insurance. It depends on why bonding is needed. In the practiced hands of a dentist, bonding is the go-to product for fixing a chipped tooth. This helps protect the tooth against cavities and decay. It also makes the tooth stronger for chewing. The fact that it makes your smile better is a big bonus. There are more cosmetic reasons for bonding. Your Sky Dental dentist is an expert at using this durable composite resin to take care of an abnormality such a chip. Another cosmetic use is to close the gap caused by small or crooked teeth. Applying this to one or a few teeth can straighten out the appearance of a person’s smile. Imagine doing that in just one dentistry treatment. Plus, cosmetic bonding lasts for years and years. Upkeep is as simple as regular brushing and regular visits to your cosmetic dentists office for cleaning.
3. Veneers for the Whitest TeethVeneers are semi-permanent porcelain fixtures that are attached directly to existing teeth. During your first visit, teeth are filed and shaped to create the best foundation for the porcelain cover. Patients have temporary “bonds” affixed to their teeth while the new ones are made in a lab. About two weeks later, the real veneers are attached. Veneers can last anywhere from 10-20+ years depending on care. This is definitely a cosmetic choice. However, it is extremely popular. Just look at the gorgeous smiles on Hollywood celebrities! It’s definitely a career builder to have perfect teeth and a truly lovely smile.
4. Gum ShapingGum shaping is not something many people think of as a cosmetic procedure. However, some patients are great candidates for gum shaping as a standalone procedure. This lesser-known dental procedure is used to make teeth appear longer and improve a “gummy” smile. Gum shaping is often undertaken in tandem with porcelain veneers.
5. Dental ImplantsDental Implants are often referred to as purely a cosmetic dental procedure. In our view, that’s like saying that partials and dentures are just for show! Implant dentistry represents a permanent solution to one or more missing teeth. It can be used to replace extremely misshapen teeth. It is vital when replacing broken and/or diseased teeth that must be extracted for the patients’ oral health. To our dentists, implants are simply the logical choice. Some may call it cosmetic dentistry, but we call it essential to the health and well-being of a person. That’s why Dr. Scott Connell offers it to patients. A long-term tooth replacement is better and more logical than a semi-permanent and often removable one, such as dentures and partials. At Sky Dental, your cosmetic dentist Phoenix has the skills to handle all of these vital smile makeover tools. Sure, it boosts confidence to have a great smile. However, it is also true that a healthier looking mouth can positively impact nearly every aspect of a patient’s life. Of course, dental bonding and dental implants do even more, providing stronger teeth for eating a healthier diet. It’s amazing what a smile makeover can do.
Choosing a Dentist Phoenix for Your Cosmetic NeedsCosmetic dentistry results depend on the skill of the dentist and the tools used. Many times, these procedures are an out of pocket expense, and you want the best results for your investment. Choosing a cosmetic dentist may include research, meet and greet appointments, and comparing many before and after photos. A reputable expert puts a patient’s health and goals first. They are committed to giving you the best results possible and guarantee results that will really make you smile.
What Questions Should You Ask a Phoenix Dentists?
- How long have you been practicing cosmetic dentistry?
- What about education, background, and certifications?
- Do you have before and after photos from real patients?
- What will my post-procedure smile look like?
- What are after-care and long-term care instructions?
- Are there affordable payment plans? What about options for working with my dental insurance?