Covid-19 continues to be a national health crisis that has many people wondering which appointments to keep and which to delay. In our state, the Arizona Department of Health Services, is keeping up to date on the cases in Maricopa County. Here at Sky Dental, we are staying current on all the state and federal guidelines required to treat our patients safely and effectively.
Are the Sky Dental Offices Safe to Visit?
The short answer is: Yes! We want to make sure that you understand the steps we are taking to create a clean, safe environment for our patients in our dental offices in Phoenix. All staff at our offices are following the prescribed safety guidelines. Of course, we are wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), washing our hands and sterilizing tools. Here is a list of more we are doing to keep you safe when you visit our offices.
- Disinfect all surfaces and tools more often
- Clean, replace, and cover tools between uses
- Wear more protective gear than usual
- Space out appointments
- Post signs for Covid19 guidelines
- Get rid of common things people touch in the waiting room, like toys or magazines
Why should you Keep your Dentist Appointment?
One of the most important appointments to keep at your dentist office is the dental cleaning session. We clean not only your teeth, but gums as well. This is when your dentist screens you for other developing issues. Some are as simple as a cavity and others can be life threatening.
At these visits, your dentist screens you for infections that may spread and possible gum issues. Many patients don’t realize that your dental health is very important to other critical health issues. According to the American Dental Association, getting your teeth properly cleaned twice a year at your dentist’s office helps prevent gum disease and also reduces your chances of potentially deadly heart attacks and strokes.
The ADA also recommends you visit your dentist’s office right away for treatment if your issue is life-threatening, causes severe pain or puts you at a high risk of infection. Some of those problems may include the following:
- Serious pain
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Tissue that needs a biopsy
- Swollen areas in or around your mouth (gums, face, or neck)
- Broken teeth, especially if they cause pain or tissue damage
- Signs of infection (pain and swelling)
- Post-surgery care you can’t do yourself
- A temporary crown that’s lost or broken
- Dental work related to cancer treatment
- Dentures that don’t work the right way
- Wires in your braces that hurt
- Trauma that may affect your ability to breathe
What can You Do to Make Your Dental Visit Safe?
Everyone must do their part to keep the virus from spreading. We guarantee that we will be following all the guidelines in order to keep you safe. We may ask a few things of you to help keep you and our staff safe and healthy as well.
- We may ask about your health before your appointment
- We may check your temperature and other symptoms
- We may require you to wear a cloth face mask
- We may ask about your recent travel
- We may ask whether you’ve been around people who have COVID-19
- We may ask you to limit the number of people you bring with you, such as children
Contact Us for an Appointment
So the answer to the question: Is it safe to visit the Sky Dental Offices in Phoenix, AZ during Covid19? YES! We are going the extra mile to make sure our patients and our staff are safe during this health crisis. Call your Sky Dental office today to confirm your scheduled appointment or to set up a new appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!